Website localization

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sat Jan 26 16:21:15 PST 2008

	Hi Tetsuya!

On Jan 25, 2008, at 3:30 PM, Tetsuya Wada wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Thanks for reply. I'll check the URL.
>
> Thank you for providing us the MacPorts. I'm building one of my Mac
> mini as a home server. It couldn't be made without the site. Since
> the site is so useful, it would be so nice if the site has Japanese.
> I'm sure many Japanese users are interested, also.
>
> Do you have any plan to publish the site with Japanese as well? If I
> could contribute the Japanese translation, it is my pleasure.
>
> Have a nice weekend.
>
> Ted

	I think it would be great to start localizing our new website, even
though at the moment we currently don't have any structured plans for
it. I guess it's a great moment to start putting them together ;-)

	If you're acquainted with subversion and our source repository I'd
recommend checking out the trunk/www directory, which is where the
website sources live. Have a look at the files there and give it a try
translating into Japanese the main section files, like contact.php ,
index.php, install.php and ports.php, in utf-8 format please. There
are others that you'll need to have a fully functional Japanese
website, but those will have to be sorted out as we put together the
new localization structure within trunk/www (there's trunk/www/
localized already, but it's sorely outdated, so don't waste any time
looking into that).

	When you have that initial set of files ready, please submit them as
attachments to an appropriate ticket filed under our "Website &
Documentation" milestone (http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets & http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/newticket)
. I'll suggest a localization hierarchy as I give them a try on my
local web server.

	Thank you a lot for your enthusiasm for the project and up-coming
contributions, much appreciated!

	Regards,...

-jmpp