[33588] trunk/dports/security/cracklib

June Tate-Gans june at theonelab.com
Wed Jan 30 20:48:35 PST 2008

>  > Mm. I thought about this for a while before submitting the patch.
>  > Thing is, cracklib's functionality is severely reduced without that
>  > dictionary, and it seemed to be the upstream maintainer's intention to
>  > include it, which is why it is the default. Your idea makes quite a
>  > lot of sense, though, and I will include it soon. FYI: the macports
>  > guide doesn't mention anything about the upgrade issue you mentioned
>  > above in the variants section, which is why I didn't consider that
>  > aspect.
>
>  The guide mentions it here:
>
>  http://guide.macports.org/#reference.variants.user-selected
>
>  "Due to a bug in the current MacPorts base default_variants shouldn't
>  be used at the moment as they cause problems while upgrading ports."

Heh -- that'll teach me to not double-check before I spout something
like that again. Mouth? Meet foot. You two will be having a great time
together for a while... =o)

--
June Tate-Gans    | Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things
www.theonelab.com | than you free with my breakfast cereal. -- Zaphod Beeblebrox