[38067] trunk/dports/lang

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Jul 6 05:06:56 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> +    ln -s ${prefix}/bin/perl${version} ${destroot}${prefix}/bin/$name
>
> Wouldn't a relative link have sufficed or is an absolute reference
> necessary? Just curious.
>
> ln -s perl${version} ${destroot}${prefix}/bin/$name

Right, that should have been sufficient as well. But should I change it
now and increment the revision one more time?

There are also other ports using absolute paths for symlinks and I don't
think it is wrong to do so. The ${prefix} is not intended to be
relocatable. Do you see any problem with absolute symlink paths?

For example from my MacPorts installation:
$ find /opt/local/bin -type l |wc -l
      200
$ find /opt/local/bin -type l |xargs readlink |grep ^/opt/local |wc -l
       60

Rainer