[38028] trunk/dports/PortIndex

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Mon Jul 7 13:15:10 PDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 5:49 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> Yeah, whenever you're ready to start running it I can turn it off on
> my box.
>
> On Jul 3, 2008, at 3:52 PM, William Siegrist wrote:
>> Would you like Mac OS Forge to start running this job? I believe it
>> was the plan to eventually move it, so I am making the offer.

(Sorry for the initial top-post)...

 From reading the script, it makes yet-another-checkout/update of the
source instead of coexisting with PortIndex2MySQL and mprsyncup? It
also reinstalls MP v1.6 every time? I run MP from trunk on the
servers, and carefully jump to new versions, so I'd like to avoid
reverting to 1.6 and/or getting a new MP install every day
automatically.

I can probably unify the various scripts to all update to the same
place so I dont have so many copies of MP source  laying around, but I
was curious if the index *must* be done from a machine running the
latest release instead of a reasonably-up-to-date trunk install?

-Bill