Meaning of

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 11 16:06:19 PDT 2008

On Jul 11, 2008, at 17:07, Marcus wrote:

> Uldis Bojars <captsolo at ...> writes:

>>> [...]
>>
>> If this error appears in multiple packages (not for everyone,
>> perhaps)
>> it would be good to have a FAQ entry on how to fix it.
>> [...]
>>
>> Marcus: did the same problem with Graphviz appear if you compile it
>> with Python 2.4?
>
> Yes, the error is reproducible with using the variant "graphviz
> +python,"
> which uses Python 2.4.

I did experience the problem too trying to update graphviz to use
python25 and php5 instead of python24 and php4. It makes no sense to
keep graphviz depending on python24 and php4 because it also depends
on swig which itself now depends on python25 and php5.

I do not know what is going on with the "Not a directory" error. I
need someone who knows something about Python to look into it.