New XCode version

Boyd Waters bwaters at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 13 16:02:58 PDT 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 10:23 AM, William Davis wrote:

> FYI: a new version of XCode dated 11 July 08 is available on ADC.
> Interestingly, it includes gcc 4.2 as well as 4.0.

Interesting; it's probably the iPhone SDK version that shipped last
Friday.

Apple has been great about posting the GCC 4.0 patches associated with
the various iPhone SDK releases, but they haven't released the patches
for GCC 42 (last gcc-4.2 patch was 5553).

See
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/tarballs/other/
http://r.research.att.com

I expect that they will eventually release newer patches, I could
really use them!

I am *almost* done with a full quad-architecture (ppc,intel,32-bit,64-
bit) GCC 4.2 that incorporates changes from AT&T so that gfortran can
be built as well as Objective-C. But it requires testing.

Here's what I've got so far... so close...