Meaning of "Not a directory"

Uldis Bojars captsolo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:42:48 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> Rainer Müller wrote:
>> I think there is some problem with the python25 framework port. I can
>> reproduce the message here and will see if I can find a solution.
>
> I am still trying to figure out where graphviz or swig pick up the path
> to the framework directory, but I can't find it. It needs to be changed
> to point to ${prefix}/lib/python25 instead there. Any help appreciated.

Does anyone know how to fix this or where ./configure or the linker
picks up the path to Leopard's built-in Python?

I can not find where the wrong path comes from either. The path
returned by the Python snippet in the ./configure points to the
correct Python location (/opt/local/...) and yet the library gets
linked against the system Python. Here is the path returned by Python:

>>> print sys.prefix
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5

Perhaps we should file a ticket for this bug (especially if we do not
solve it right away), but what port should it be filed against?
Python, SWIG or every individual port which has problems with
SWIG-generated Python bindings?

Uldis