Adding distfiles to the repository

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 17 15:09:21 PDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 17:01, Blair Zajac wrote:

> William Siegrist wrote:
>>

>> please allow at least 24hr after a portfile is updated
>> before complaining though, as the mirror is only updated daily.
>
> Thanks for this info.  Can we up the cron from 24 to something on a
> shorter basis?

This may be relevant for the php5-devel port as well. It's currently
tracking php 5.2 release candidates but I now have a request from a
user who wants to try a feature only available in php 5.3. The php
team provides snapshot tarballs of php 5.3, but they're generated
every two hours, and disappear after ten hours. So I would have to
make sure to time my commit such that it's less than ten hours until
the portmirror process runs on the distfiles mirror machine. Which I
could do. But it would be convenient if I wouldn't have to remember
to do that. Who knows what time of day I might feel like working on
my ports.