Ruby port broken on 10.5.3 ppc

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Tue Jun 17 12:06:18 PDT 2008

Le 17 juin 08 à 16:45, Blair Zajac a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> The upgrade to Ruby 1.8.7 breaks on PPC mac:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15635
>
> I haven't seen a response on the ticket yet.  Should we back the
> port down to the previous stable version, which did work?
>
> It's one thing to have a broken port, it's another to have one of
> our main scripting languages not build on a platform.

I don't have 10.5 and ruby has issues on Leopard, hence the
openmaintainer in this port. There were several problems with the
previous version of the port that were directly related to 10.5. I
thought upgrading to 1.8.7 would fix them -- and it seems it fixed
those problems, but created new ones.

I'm preparing a 1.8.7-p17 update (the latest versioned tarball on
ruby's FTP). But there's not much I can do. We definitely need, in
the short run, another maintainer for ruby who has 10.5, ideally on
both a PPC and an Intel box (the issue apparently only happens on PPC
boxes, judging from your report). In the long run, we need continuous
integration. This is not new, it's been said and written for ages.

Paul
--
http://paul-guyot.com/