[37683] trunk/dports/security

Eric Hall opendarwin.org at darkart.com
Wed Jun 18 21:49:25 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 09:42:27PM -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> Eric Hall wrote:

> >>Why do you add this to the end of your ports? You have this in
> >>ethereal, wireshark, afflib, aimage, libewf, metasploit2, metasploit3
> >>and now scrub. I don't see what benefit it has.
> >>

> >	Because I like it.  Its been handy in the past, and avoided
> >some problems.  Is having such a thing a problem in some way?
>
> Out of curiosity, how has it been handy and what problems has it avoided?

	Its helped detect when something (usually automated) appends
to a file, resulting in corruption or duplicates (or later on, either
when what has been put in is "out of place"), and also helped with
the same problems related to humans not noticing the end of (longer)
files and duplicating things or editing only part of something.

		-eric