RFC: Changing apache2 to install its files to /opt/local/ instead of /opt/local/apache2

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 05:30:14 PST 2008

Hi James,

As you know, current apache2 port uses /opt/local/apache2 as a prefix.
This is a bit different from other ports using /opt/local as a prefix.
This problem always confused me, so I think it would be nice if
it changed to use the same prefix.
This change, however, would need a lot of work,
like changing paths inside the httpd.conf,
but if you'd like this idea, I'd be willing to help to get it done.

Could you please give me some comments/suggestions on this?

Thanks.