RFC: Changing apache2 to install its files to /opt/local/ instead of /opt/local/apache2

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Mar 4 06:08:03 PST 2008

js wrote:
>>  Do you mean dbmmanage.1{apache,apache20,apache2}.gz? That would be good.
>>  Then you can read the man pages by using e.g. man 1apache2 dbmmanage.
>
> I feel a bit odd, though.
> I prefer python's style.
> -   /opt/local/share/man/man1/python2.5.1.gz
> -   /opt/local/share/man/man1/python2.4.1.gz

Which would also be a bit odd. If I would have to type `man dbmmanage2'
I would expect a function with that name. But it is still dbmmanage().

The way I proposed is common, and is for example used for OpenSSL by
Apple (/usr/share/man/man3/*3ssl*) as it also contains conflicting
manual pages.

> Anyway, this issue is not a point here.
> Let's get back to the apache2's problem.
>
> I seems more people's having the same frustration with this.
> Does this mean we can change apache2 port as it's supposed to be?

I don't see objections, so go on.

Rainer