ghc port vanished

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:00:27 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Gregory Wright <gwright at antiope.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I checked in a version bump of ghc to 6.8.2 yesterday.  The portfile
>  is in the svn
>  repo, but someone emailed me to say that it did not appear in their
>  dports tree.
>  I notice as well that it is missing from the "available ports" on the
>  web page.
>
>  Did something go awry or should just advise people to wait until some
>  script syncs
>  things up?

Looks like theres a problem with the port, from the latest PortIndex mailing

Total number of ports parsed:	4543
Ports successfully parsed:	4542
Ports failed:			1

Failed to parse file lang/ghc/Portfile: Error evaluating variants

So you've got somthing wrong with the variants, I guess its:

variant no_opengl       { configure.args-append --disable-opengl
                          configure.args-append --disable-glut
}

which should be:

variant no_opengl       {
  configure.args-append --disable-opengl
  configure.args-append --disable-glut
}

lint also gives a lot of warnings:

--->  Verifying Portfile for ghc
Warning: Line 4 should be a newline (after PortSystem)
Warning: Line 21 has trailing whitespace before newline
Warning: Variant no_opengl does not have a description
Warning: Patchfile patch-configure.ac does not follow the source patch
naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-Makefile does not follow the source
patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-base-base.cabal does not follow the
source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-base-base.buildinfo.in does not
follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-base-configure.ac does not follow
the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-base-aclocal.m4 does not follow the
source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-hpc-Setup.hs does not follow the
source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-hpc-hpc.cabal does not follow the
source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-hpc-hpc.buildinfo.in does not
follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-hpc-configure.ac does not follow
the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-libraries-hpc-aclocal.m4 does not follow the
source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile patch-rts-posix-FileLock.c does not follow the
source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
Warning: Patchfile
patch-libraries-Cabal-Distribution-Simple-Configure.hs does not follow
the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"
--->  0 errors and 16 warnings found.

Cheers

Adam