Splitting the guide

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Wed Mar 5 18:38:51 PST 2008

>       Simon, I like it and I still think the entire thing in a single
>page
>is a bit too much, but I would like to go over what Mark originally
>replied 'cause he did raise some valid points there (and it's been a
>while and I don't remember them at the moment ;-). One thing I would
>comment about your alternative, however, is with respect to the
>sidebar. Is is possible to keep it with us in every single chapter-
>page? At the moment we see it if we're on the front page, but as soon
>as we move to any chapter it disappears, and that's not incredibly
>friendly.

I didn't really have any special ideas at the time.  But I do think the
TOC should be easily accessible from any section as already mentioned.
Would it be possible to have the TOC float at the side within the
chapters?  Actually, I'm not sure that is desirable and I've have to see
it, but it does seem like switching from the main page to a chapter you
get an entirely different look and feel and I think that distracts.

Mark