Pre-commit script to reject commits

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Mar 7 10:24:08 PST 2008

Blair Zajac wrote:
> If you have the base port installed, say libfoo, but it's not listed as a
> dependency, then if you remove it, then you'll unintentionally break any ports
> that picked up a dependency upon it at configure time.

Thanks for the clarification, I think you are kind of right. But it will
always hit someone not affected by the update. For example, changing
depends_* inside some variants and incrementing the revsion forces all
users to recompile - even if they don't use this variant...

As an additional comment, I don't think port lint is yet stable enough
to be used as a commit filter (rejecting commits not passing port lint).

Rainer