applications_dir and frameworks_dir

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Mar 12 02:19:11 PDT 2008

I was getting some questions about the configuration
applications_dir and frameworks_dir that were added...
(and their matching autoconf / configure options of
--with-applications-dir and --with-frameworks-dir)

They were intended to replace the (currently hardcoded)
paths of /Applications/MacPorts and /Library/Frameworks,
for when you want to use a different installation location.
Just as we already have ${prefix} and now also ${x11prefix} ?

They haven't found a suitable variable name yet, though...
(so there isn't a way to use them from Portfile/Portgroup)

--anders