upgrading to conflicting dependencies

Daniel Horwood mp at dpj.sent.com
Sat May 3 02:28:56 PDT 2008

gnucash depends on the goffice03 port (and is the only port in the
tree that does), but can now work with the newer goffice port.

I've made a patch on http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14893
  that changes the gnucash dependency to goffice, but the problem is
that goffice conflicts with goffice03.

What's the best way to solve this problem? I thought about
deactivating goffice03 in the gnucash portfile, but that won't work
because MacPorts will try to install the dependencies (ie goffice)
first.

Can the goffice03 portfile be "redirected" to goffice? (I guess this
is a bit like the scrollkeeper->rarian change).

Ideas?

Regards,
Dan