[macports-mgr] Re: Wiki changes not possible

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed May 7 09:43:01 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 12:00 PM, William Siegrist wrote:

>> 	With my PortMgr hat on, I'm willing to loosen up a bit on this
>> particular requirement and experiment for a while to see how it
>> goes. I totally love Wikipedia, but I'm sure they have many more
>> resources than us to deal with the side effects of such openness,
>> e.g. wikispam. So it'd be great if we could keep a close eye on the
>> Trac timeline for unwanted Wiki edits, also looking out for legit
>> edits but with misleading information.
>>

> I can have Trac send email when a wiki modification happens. I
> actually use this to monitor all of the wikis on Mac OS Forge.  So
> if you want me to add portmgr or -dev to that email, then you dont
> have to watch the Timeline page. (it emails a diff, comment,
> username, IP, etc).
>
> -Bill

	That would be *really* nice! The only thing I'm left wondering is the
volume we'll be managing going forward, being more open, in case we
have to dedicate an entire mailing list to such mails. In the mean
time, I'd say this one, mp-dev, would be most appropriate, since (and
I hope I'm not mistaken) we'll be mainly dealing with technical
documentation which we'll want our developers reviewing anyhow.

	So you have my approval for this change in direction. Any comments,
James?

-jmpp