Where are we with simultaneous Python Framework installs

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri May 9 00:55:56 PDT 2008

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Rainer Müller:
>
>> So if someone knows how to link against a framework in a custom
>> path, please advice.
>
> See the -F flag. You'd still need the standard Current symlink
> operational, though.

-F is documented to set the include path (like -I):
"Add the framework directory dir to the head of the list of directories
to be searched for header files."

If this works for headers, how is the linking done? In my test, it still
did not work ("ld: framework not found Python") or was linked against
the system's python which was not what I intended.

Rainer