Building python2.5 extensions under MacPorts

Eric Tiffany etiffany at alum.mit.edu
Mon May 12 17:52:11 PDT 2008

I have had trouble with python grabbing the wrong lib versions, too.  My
solution was to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct thing (/opt/local/lib)
in both the build environment AND the runtime env.  Others have different
solutions.

There was a similar thread on the LXML mailing list, part of which can be
found here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.lxml.devel/3599

The thread seems to have been broken, so to see the whole thing you'll need
to look at all the threads in that group.  But I think that segment of the
thread has most of the juicy bits.

ET