Where are we with simultaneous Python Framework installs

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed May 14 19:13:28 PDT 2008

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> First of: what are you trying to accomplish?  And more to the point:
> I'd like to know if there's anything we can change in the python.org
> distribution to make that easier to accomplish.

Currently the python24 port is build as framework, while python25 is
installed without the framework option. As the framework has some
benefits (especially GUI related, the pythonw command), we would like to
switch all python builds to frameworks.

But I don't think there would be any change in the python distribution
helpful to achieve this. The issues we currently face lie inside
MacPorts itself.

Rainer