[36832] trunk/dports/archivers/gnutar/Portfile

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri May 23 11:32:46 PDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 2:33 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 18, 2008, at 04:34, Markus Weissmann wrote:

>>> Don't you also need to add "depends_lib port:gcc42" in the
>>> "platform darwin 9" section then, since MacPorts doesn't
>>> automatically add the compiler dependency?
>>
>> No, this is not the vanilla-gcc installed via MacPorts but the beta
>> release of gcc 4.2 from Apple -- which allows universal builds etc.;
>
> Gotcha! I missed that.

Shouldn't there either be a check in the Portfile for gcc-4.2 (maybe
pre-fetch), or otherwise a note about this on the problem hotlist?
Otherwise, it'll simply fail with

which usually means Xcode is not installed.  But if you aren't running
the beta version (like I'm not), then Xcode is installed...

This can removed of course when 3.1 is no longer beta/under NDA.

Bryan