[37029] trunk/dports/sysutils/freeradius/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 23 17:38:26 PDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 09:24, andrea.damore at macports.org wrote:

>  version          2.0.4
> -revision         1
> +revision         0

You probably shouldn't ever decrease a port's revision unless you
also simultaneously increase its version.

What if someone has already installed freeradius 2.0.4_1?

What if you later want to make a change to the portfile which
necessitates increasing the revision? You will have to remember at
that time to increase the revision to 2 (not 1) so that users who
already had the short-lived 2.0.4_1 will be informed via "port
outdated" of the new port.

In my previous comment, I just wanted to make sure you were aware,
for future changes, that the initial revision for a given port's
version should be 0, not 1.