Merging to the release_1_6 branch

Caspar Florian Ebeling febeling at macports.org
Thu May 29 01:11:44 PDT 2008

> I think the amount of work to use a branch is overestimated.  It's not hard and
> very easy and safer then having everything in trunk and then having to do code
> freezes.

I think the amount of time passed since the 1.6.0 release and the
amount of time since
1.6.1 is vaporware, combined with rumors that 1_6 or 1_7 branches contains
stuff that did not go into trunk make this claim a bit questionable.

I can only second Jordan's position here. I do used trunk, and it
works quite well.
Why not just push it out to users, and forget about bureaucracy of branches?
Having many bugs out there is much less professional than not using branches.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling
florian.ebeling at gmail.com