distfiles.macports.org

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri May 30 04:40:10 PDT 2008

Joshua Root wrote:
>> People can start relying on the mirror and building it into port1.0
>
> Done: http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/15456/d.m.o.diff :-D

Nice implementation. Patch works fine here!

As you use port mirror for this task now, can we revert the addition of
port distfiles? Or should this still be considered useful?

Another topic: Some time ago we had the idea to generate usage
statistics by counting distfiles downloads from the macports distfiles
mirror. If we still want to do this, we would have to add the macports
distfiles mirror at the top of the list, so everybody tries that first.
But this would make this shiny new ping sort feature useless. What is
more important for use? Probably faster downloads or pseudo usage
statistics?

Rainer