Retry on checksum failures?

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sat Nov 1 15:02:06 PDT 2008

Joshua Root wrote:
> David Evans wrote:
>
>> Rainer Müller wrote:
>>
>>> So I suppose we should extend distcheck to also generate and compare
>>> distcheck. I don't think an external tool would be easy to write, since
>>> it would only work for fetch.type == "standard".
>>>
>>> Rainer
>>>

>> How about adding a value for distcheck.check of "checksum" that would
>> provide this functionality
>> so there is a choice?  As some pointed out, this can be a very heavy
>> operation for large distributions
>> with many sites.
>>

> Or perhaps an option like --checksum for distcheck.
>
> - Josh

Actually, I like this best.  Due to the cost of doing this check, I can
only see myself wanting to do this
in the following cases:

1) on initial creation of a Portfile
2) when adding new sites to master_sites
3) when the normal distcheck (moddate mode) indicates that a
distribution file is newer than the Portfile.

Dave