[41513] trunk/dports/devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 5 18:29:46 PST 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 16:55, nox wrote:

> Le 5 nov. 08 à 23:26, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> On Nov 5, 2008, at 02:27, devans at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> +master_sites	${homepage}attachment/wiki/WikiStart/
>>> +distfiles       ${distname}${extract.suffix}?format=raw
>>
>> Cool trick!
>>
>> Hmm, except for the fact that that's the filename that ends up on
>> the user's system, and on the mirror; see:
>>
>> http://distfiles.macports.org/gtkimageview/
>>
>> See attached patch for a better solution.
>>
>> <gtkimageview.diff>
>
> By the way, shouldn't it be better to create a new variable
> `fetchfiles` which would
> replace the default mechanism offered with master_sites distname
> extract.suffix and all?
> Tricky ports like this one would just have to write the url of the
> file(s) to fetch in `fetchfiles`.

I'm not seeing how "fetchfiles" would work, in all the variations
that we have to support (one or multiple distfiles, on one or
multiple master sites).

I'm comfortable with the workaround presented in my patch. It's used
by several ports already. We could document it in the Guide and in
that way make it an official recommendation for this situation (when
downloading through a server-side script instead of just downloading
from a server directory).