[macports-mgr] Dependencies and variants

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Nov 7 05:50:17 PST 2008

C. Florian Ebeling wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Paul Guyot <pguyot at kallisys.net> wrote:
>> Le 6 nov. 08 à 10:44, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>>
>>> I would still like this discussion to take place on macports-dev, not
>>> macports-mgr.
>> True.
>
> Why are such things discussed on a closed list?! I was already
> wondering why there is no discussion going on. Isn't this projects
> also built on the notion of openness etc? Also I didn't hear
> anything about the R-word since the the management is
> in office.

There was no real discussion on macports-mgr about this. Paul sent us a
mail to explain his changes to base in r41526 and r41527, but we asked
him to discuss this on macports-dev instead of macports-mgr. There is no
hidden discussion taking place. Sorry about the confusion.

About the release, see the separate thread started by Bryan.

Rainer