[41852] trunk/dports/games/ctetris

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Nov 11 15:03:46 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 03:28:14PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt said:
> On Nov 11, 2008, at 09:14, nox wrote:
[...]
>> Can't we just create some sort of a weekly newsletter with some news
>> about MacPorts and in particular renamed/nuked/superseded ports?
>
> I'm sure only a small portion of MacPorts users are on the macports-users
> mailing list. So I don't think that would be helpful.

Note that there are over 1000 people on -users, only a bit over 100 on
-announce; no way to tell how many people follow the news page [1], so
-users would be the best place for such a thing if the widest readership was
desired.

Then, of course, someone willing to actually write the newsletter would need
to step up and do so.

Bryan

[1] - <http://trac.macports.org/news/>