Typo in dp2mp-move code in dmg preflight

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Nov 12 09:37:50 PST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 3:50 AM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:44:50PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt said:

	Yes, absolutely, that was a gross oversight on my part that I frankly
don't know how it wasn't caught before. Thanks for that catch, Ryan!

>>> Looks like it to me, though at this stage I hope nobody's still
>>> running
>>> DP.
>>
>> Fixed in r41907. Though few should still have dp installed,
>> presumably
>> anyone who has been upgrading since dp will still have that directory
>> around, which this fix will cause to now be properly removed.
>>
>>> If I recall, some paths may have been changed around a bit, but I
>>> can't
>>> remember if it was stuff under share or var...
>>
>> You mean, other things have changed a bit, after the dp2mp rename?
>
> Before the rename, but it wasn't share, it was the stuff under var,
> namely,
> DP put stuff in ${prefix}/var/db/dports, so that wouldn't have been
> the
> mistake above, so you can ignore me...

	From what I recall, not much of the dp layout under var/dp/ changed
after archivemode was introduced, which only added the packages/
subdir and its hierarchy. But other than that, the var/dp/dports tree
was pretty much static for the remainder of dp. But in any case, the
rule Ryan corrected was indeed meant to delete the old $prefix/share/
darwinports directory, which would be replaced by the new $prefix/
share/macports one.

	And all in all, that code is indeed getting a bit old, I'd say you
guys should start considering removing it from base. If at any point
someone still running dp runs into trouble, they can always upgrade to
1.6 first (which will move them to the new namespace) and then onto
anything that's current at the time.

	Regards,...

-jmpp