[41898] trunk/dports/gis

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Thu Nov 13 17:47:10 PST 2008

Hi Ryan,

On Nov 11, 2008, at 8:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2008, at 21:02, macsforever2000 at macports.org wrote:
>
>> +set cgi_path "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/"
>> +
>> +# apache macport interop
>> +if {[ file exists ${prefix}/sbin/httpd]} {
>> +    set cgi_path "${prefix}/www/cgi-bin/"
>> +}
>
> It's not good for a port to behave differently depending on what
> else the user has installed. A port should behave identically on
> everyone's system (modulo such details as OS version and processor
> architecture).
>
> Instead, I recommend some variants to let the user select whether
> they want to use MacPorts Apache 1, MacPorts Apache 2, or whatever
> Apache Apple includes with Mac OS X.
>

> variant apache conflicts apache2 apache_apple description {Use
> MacPorts Apache 1} {
> 	depends_run-append port:apache
> 	set cgi_path "${prefix}/www/cgi-bin/"
> }
>
> variant apache2 conflicts apache apache_apple description {Use
> MacPorts Apache 2} {
> 	depends_run-append port:apache2
> 	set cgi_path "${prefix}/apache2/cgi-bin/"
> }
>
> variant apache_apple conflicts apache apache2 description {Use Apple
> Apache} {
> 	set cgi_path "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/"
> }
>
> if {![variant_isset apache] && ![variant_isset apache2] && !
> [variant_isset apache_apple]} {
> 	default_variants +apache2
> }
>

> Actually there are also web servers other than Apache -- lighttpd
> for example...

I made the change but I get an error when building:

$ sudo port install mapserver
--->  Fetching mapserver
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for mapserver
--->  Extracting mapserver
--->  Applying patches to mapserver
--->  Configuring mapserver
--->  Building mapserver with target all
--->  Staging mapserver into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: can't read "cgi_path":
no such variable

I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm attaching my Portfile.