charset.alias bug

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 14 20:14:51 PST 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 20:33, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 03:18:26AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre said:
>> At least 5 ports installed a broken ${prefix}/lib/charset.alias file:
>>   http://trac.macports.org/ticket/11474
>>   http://trac.macports.org/ticket/11968
>>   http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16152
>>   http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17084
>>
>> Since this seems to be a more or less global problem, shouldn't the
>> removal of this file be handled by the base?
>
> That's my opinion, considering the list Ryan mentioned in #16122:
>
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16122#comment:2>

I wrote a list?

(checks)

Oh yes. Look that. Sure, base could take care of deleting ${destroot}$
{prefix}/lib/charset.alias for you.

If it did, it should probably delete ${destroot}${prefix}/share/
locale/locale.alias as well.

We also have a problem with files named perllocal.pod anywhere in $
{destroot}. Several ports go to some lengths to delete these, not all
correctly.