Port update needs commit

Luis O'Shea loshea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:56:15 PST 2008

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:25:00PM -0500, Luis O'Shea said:
>> Could someone commit my update to the asymptote port?  See Ticket
>> #13249 (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13249).  Note that this is a
>> closed ticket, but I have been using it to attach updates.
>
> That's probably why it wasn't noticed, just create a new ticket for port
> updates.

Fair enough.  In previous updates to this port I have attached diffs
to the Portfile to the original ticket as requested by another
committer.  See

  http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15936#comment:3

However this time I attached the diff to the wrong ticket.  In future
I'll follow your suggestion.

> However, trying 1.51, I get errors on 10.5.5/Intel Xcode 3.1.1:
>
> /usr/bin/g++-4.0 -Wall -ansi -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSEGC
> -I/opt/local/include -pipe -O2  -I . -Igc-7.1/include -o drawsurface.o -c
> drawsurface.cc
> drawsurface.cc: In member function 'virtual void
> camp::drawSurface::render(GLUnurbs*, double, const camp::triple&, const
> camp::triple&, double, bool)':
> drawsurface.cc:260: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)(...)' to
> 'GLvoid (*)()'
> drawsurface.cc:260: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'void
> gluNurbsCallback(GLUnurbs*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)())'
> make: *** [drawsurface.o] Error 1

I am (still) on 10.4 (and don't have access to a 10.5 machine).  I
will consider upgrading.  In the meantime, what is macports policy in
this situation (i.e., we have a port which builds on one version of
the OS but not another)?  Is to wait until it builds on all versions
before committing?

Thanks,

Luis