X11 in Macports

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sun Nov 23 12:45:48 PST 2008

On Nov 23, 2008, at 11:23, Joshua Root wrote:

> Anders F Björklund wrote:

>>> Uhm... .app bundles should work outside /Applications
>>
>> Sure, but there was something about Services or other features that
>> works from /Applications/MacPorts but not from ${prefix}/
>> Applications ?
>
> The app doesn't automatically get registered with LaunchServices, so
> the
> file type associations and whatnot aren't set up.

Was this maybe a bug in Tiger?  I have the exact opposite problem?  I
can't figure out how to make LaunchServices NOT register a .app that
is in my development space or DISTROOT... I can't tell you how many
times I've had a problem because LaunchServices preferred /Users/
jeremy/src/freedesktop/pkg/X11/Applications/Utilities/X11.app over /
Applications/Utilities/X11.app