kde4 ports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 23 23:36:28 PST 2008

Regarding all the kde4 ports you've committed...

You're fetching them all from the Subversion repository. Are
distfiles not available for any of them? If there are distfiles
provided, they should be used. If not, then you need to add svn as a
build dependency. I recommend you declare it as "bin:svn:subversion",
that way the Subversion client that Apple provides in Leopard and
later can be used on those systems since it should be sufficient, and
for those using Tiger or earlier or other OSes without built-in
Subversion clients the subversion port will be built.

What is the idea behind the line "pre-configure { file mkdir $
{worksrcpath} }"?

I mentioned this earlier regarding qimageblitz but I see now it
applies to all of them: /opt/local should not appear in the ports;
the variable ${prefix} should be used.

These ports use cmake, and I see several things you've had to do in
each port to accommodate this. Should there be a cmake portgroup?
Since you're gaining familiarity with what cmake needs as a result of
these ports, maybe you could work on such a portgroup.

For the universal variant, is there a way to make use of $
{configure.universal_archs} so that the user's selected architectures
are built, instead of assuming they want ppc and i386?