Valgrind and Darwin (was: [42576] users/raimue)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Nov 25 02:01:43 PST 2008

C. Florian Ebeling wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:21 AM,  <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>> Revision 42576 Author raimue at macports.org Date 2008-11-24 17:21:15 -0800
>> (Mon, 24 Nov 2008)
>>
>> Log Message
>>
>> devel/valgrind: Experimental valgrind port
>> This is not intended for the general public yet, but if someone is really
>> interested, this port can be found here in my tree.
>
> Are there any good news on Darwin support in Valgrind?

Greg Parker is working on a patch to bring valgrind to Darwin/Mac OS X.

Check the homepage of the port:
    http://www.sealiesoftware.com/valgrind/
    Valgrind for Mac OS X. Some assembly required.

I just wanted to by write a Portfile doing the svn checkouts and
patching for convenience.

I don't think this is ready for the general public, so I did not create
a valgrind port in the official ports tree. But I wanted to save my work
somewhere and maybe someone else wants to try it out without much
assembly required :-)

Rainer