1.7.0 beta 1 tagged and ready to test

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sat Nov 29 01:20:43 PST 2008

Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> So everyone test it out, and be sure to have a look at the long
> list of
> changes [4] since 1.6.0, as there are quite a few...

I got this error while doing "port destroot" on a release_1_7 tarball:

error renaming "/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf" to "/opt/local/
etc/macports/sources.conf.mpsaved": file already exists
     while executing
"file rename ${sourcesConf} "${sourcesConf}.mpsaved""

It's wrong on several levels, since it does things outside of destroot ?

But once I removed the old backup file, it then built ok.
Should probably "file delete" any existing such .mpsaved ?

And it probably needs a MacPorts-1.7.0-beta1.dmg disk image
made to see any real (i.e. end user) beta testing, though ?

--anders