committing update to configure

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sun Nov 30 11:02:16 PST 2008

On Nov 29, 2008, at 20:06, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> I decided to regen configure since it was made with an old version
>> of autoconf that doesn't detect X11 properly.
>
> You should definitely regenerate configure after modifying
> configure.ac. However changing the version of autoconf used should
> be discussed first. In what way does the version of autoconf we've
> been using not detect X11 properly, and what is the implication of
> that improper detection?

The older version of autoconf searches for libX11.so to find X11, but
it should be searching for libX11.dylib :

# With the configure generated by the newer autoconf:
~/src/macports/trunk/base $ grep dylib configure
     for ac_extension in a so sl dylib la dll; do
   for ac_extension in a so sl dylib la dll; do