No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 30 23:14:16 PST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 00:43, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2008, at 00:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I tried updating my MacPorts trunk base just now (r42837) and got
>> this:
>>

>> ===> making install in src/programs/daemondo
>> /usr/bin/install -c -o rschmidt -g admin -m 555 build/daemondo /mp/
>> bin
>> /usr/bin/install -c -o rschmidt -g admin -m 444 setupenv.bash  /mp/
>> share/macports/
>> /usr/bin/tclsh src/upgrade_sources_conf_default.tcl /mp
>> /usr/bin/tclsh src/dep_map_clean.tcl /mp/Library/Tcl
>> No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf
>>     while executing
>> "mportinit"
>>     (file "src/dep_map_clean.tcl" line 12)
>> make: *** [install] Error 1
>>

>> The only non-comment line in my sources.conf is:
>>
>> file:///Users/rschmidt/macports/dports
>>
>> So it does not have anything in brackets after the URL.
>
> And the port command doesn't work either now:
>
> $ port
> No default port source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf
>     while executing
> "mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
> Error: /mp/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, No default port
> source specified in /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf
> $
>
> Is there supposed to be code that changes my sources.conf to
> designate one as a default?

On another machine, on which I have multiple MacPorts installs
sharing a sources.conf, "[default]" appears to have been added by
something. Because I updated one install, and then the other said:

$ port sync
Warning: /mp/etc/macports/sources.conf source 'file:///Volumes/data/
macports/ports [default]' specifies invalid flag 'default'
Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn
update
port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
$

And sources.conf does (now) have "[default]" at the end of the one
non-comment line.