problem with multiple active ports

C. Florian Ebeling febeling at macports.org
Fri Oct 3 04:25:06 PDT 2008

I managed to have multiple active ports, and they are not
uninstallable. Any idea how to solve this problem[1]? And any
idea what caused it? The only unusual thing here is
the pseudo version number 0.0 I use, since the project
does not have a proper version number.

DEBUG: Executing org.macports.activate (mochiweb)
--->  Activating mochiweb @0.0_2
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Another
version of this port (mochiweb @0.0_0) is already active.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for mochiweb):
org.macports.activate
flomac:mochiweb febeling$ port installed mochiweb
  mochiweb @0.0_0 (active)
  mochiweb @0.0_1 (active)
  mochiweb @0.0_2 (active)
flomac:mochiweb febeling$ sudo port -f uninstall mochiweb mochiweb @0.0_0
--->  The following versions of mochiweb are currently installed:
--->  	mochiweb @0.0_0 (active)
--->  	mochiweb @0.0_1 (active)
--->  	mochiweb @0.0_2 (active)
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
version as recorded in the port registry.

Also, what do you do in cases where there is no version
to be had.

Florian

[1] short of reinstalling everything

--