Important: MacPorts PortMgr Changes

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Oct 8 04:20:37 PDT 2008

C. Florian Ebeling wrote:
>> In short, if we agree to the plan Markus, Juan and James
>> proposed and open up the floor for nominations for PortMgr
>> membership, I would be honored to accept your nomination. :-)
>
> Ok, then I hereby officially nominate you :) I wanted to do that
> anyway.
>
> Also I would like to nominate the following members
> (alphabetically ordered):
> - Bryan Blackburn
> - Rainer Mueller
> - Joshua Root
>
> Do the nominees accept the nomination? :)

Yes, of course. Thank you, I am proud to be nominated.

I realize that I am now with MacPorts for more than 1.5 years and I
still enjoy working on it. I hope I have gathered enough experience with
this project in this time to become a PortMgr :-)

> All this provided that the suggested plan is accepted.
> I don't know how we can officially establish acceptance
> for such a plan, but I think there was largely consent,
> so we should assume it is accepted. Am I wrong?

Once we get an election plan it should be written down somewhere in the
wiki (or even in the guide?) for reference. At least nobody had
objections yet, so this is kind of accepted.

> By the way, who was meant to be able to vote eventually?
> All users or mailing list participants, or just maintainers/
> members?

We could restrict it to people listed on MacPortsDevelopers [1],
although some of them seem to be inactive. And we have other people
caring about MacPorts who are not developers.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MacPortsDevelopers