Remove ftp.uu.net from gnu fetch group

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri Oct 17 15:59:30 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 05:27:14PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt said:
> The readline port uses the gnu fetch group to download.
>
> ftp://ftp.uu.net/archive/systems/gnu/ is in that group.
>
> But ftp://ftp.uu.net/archive/systems/gnu/readline/ doesn't appear to
> have any current readline files.
>
> All modifications dates on that server seem to be 2001-06-29. If the
> mirror hasn't been updated since then, we should remove it from the
> list of gnu mirrors.

I think there are several stale mirrors in gnu, gnupg, and a few other
lists; unfortunately I didn't keep track of which ones at the time.  I'd say
delete any that are obviously out of date like that one you list, and
long-term come up with something like livecheck only for mirror sites to
ease pruning.

Bryan