Port iso-codes

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Sep 4 20:09:28 PDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Mike Savory wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Trying to upgrade iso-codes
>
> $ sudo port upgrade iso-codes
> --->  Fetching iso-codes
> --->  Attempting to fetch iso-codes-3.2.tar.bz2 from http://distfiles.macports.org/iso-codes/
> --->  Attempting to fetch iso-codes-3.2.tar.bz2 from ftp://pkg-isocodes.alioth.debian.org/pub/pkg-isocodes/
> --->  Attempting to fetch iso-codes-3.2.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/iso-codes
> --->  Attempting to fetch iso-codes-3.2.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
> --->  Attempting to fetch iso-codes-3.2.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/iso-codes
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> Looking at each of these macport sites the first ones have revision
> 3.1 but not 3.2
>
> The last two are broken.

The last 2 are a fallback when the actual sites do not have the file
so that maintainers can stash distfiles in the repo for people to
get.  Its expected that most ports do not have distfiles in the repo.

> And the non Macport site does seem to actually have the file
>
> ftp://pkg-isocodes.alioth.debian.org/pub/pkg-isocodes/iso-codes-3.2.tar.bz2
>
> although my fetch fails maybe a double passive ftp issue...
>
> It looks like 3.3 is available here now anyway, so the portfile should
> be upgraded for that as well as fixing the mirroring...

The mirroring is not broken. The distfile mirror server cannot mirror
via FTP. So ports with only FTP master_sites will never be mirrored
automatically. This is a restriction due to where the server lives and
cannot be changed.

I have manually placed both v3.2 and v3.3 onto the mirror so people
can get the files if FTP does not work for them either.

-Bill