Port iso-codes

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Sep 4 20:28:31 PDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> William Siegrist wrote:
>> On Sep 4, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Mike Savory wrote:
>> The mirroring is not broken. The distfile mirror server cannot
>> mirror via FTP. So ports with only FTP master_sites will never be
>> mirrored automatically. This is a restriction due to where the
>> server lives and cannot be changed.
>> I have manually placed both v3.2 and v3.3 onto the mirror so people
>> can get the files if FTP does not work for them either.
>
> Sounds like that location and the location where I work both block
> FTP.  So is there a place/way we can have a mirror for FTP sites?
> That seems to be one of the nice features is a FTP->http proxy of
> sorts.

Someone could provide a mirror that is located in an FTP-friendly
network. Or maintainers of FTP-only ports could host them on HTTP long
enough for the mirror to get a copy.  We should get away from putting
binaries in the SVN repo, though that is the simplest path to HTTP
hosting for this purpose.

-Bill