Identifying portname in a bug?

Caspar Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 06:46:10 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Jay Levitt
<lists-macports at shopwatch.org> wrote:
> Is there any way to search for bugs in a specific port?  I think the current
> answer is "no", unless the portname happens to be a usefully unique word.
> I'm running into a bug building "file", and I have no idea how to search for
> other such bugs.

there is only the convention to put the port name as the first
part of the summary field. That's often not followed though. It's
put down in the guide:

http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets.guidelines

> Is it easy to add custom fields to Trac?  Is this something that could be
> done if only a volunteer (say, me) were to re-triage a bunch of bugs, or to
> research how to add fields in the first place?
>
> I feel like, in general, the MacPorts site could use more information about
> "the such-and-such" port.  Right now, there's really no such concept, other
> than the listing of Portfiles.  Would others want such a thing, and if so,
> what's a good place to start working?

there is mpwa, or the MacPorts Web App, a rails application of which I don't
know the status. And I for one would definitely want such a thing and are happy
that somebody suggest it as well.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling