Port iso-codes

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Sat Sep 13 22:41:25 PDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>
>> We can revisit if that ends up being a bigger issue for you (and/or
>> if you ever are able to ftp from the mirror machine(s)).
>
> William, could you explain why the mirror machine can't FTP?
>
> That seemed to me to be one of the major benefits of having a mirror
> -- to provide via http the distfiles that are only available on ftp
> servers.

IT security policy for that part of the Apple network.  MPWA is
supposed to be the solution by providing more maintainer
functionality, one function being a way to upload distfiles to the
mirror. But the MPWA work for GSoC didnt happen, so we're not any
closer to that. Eventually, either MPWA will provide this, or I will
separately, its just not high on my priority list.  I ended up setting
up the mirror before MPWA since it was better than nothing.

-Bill