Including spaces in adduser command

Anand Buddhdev anand at buddhdev.name
Wed Apr 1 16:14:15 PDT 2009

2009/4/2 Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org>:

Hi Jeremy, Rainer,

> On 2009-04-02 00:35, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>>> How can I get adduser to create the account with the string "NSD User"
>>> as the real name? Am I missing something obvious? I'm using Macports
>>> 1.710.
>>
>> If it works like I suspect, you might try using {NSD User}.

This didn't work. I got "{NSD" as the RealName.

> Close :-)
>
> You should use:
>  adduser ... {realname=NSD User}

This kind of works. It results in:

$ sudo dscl . -read /Users/nsd
AppleMetaNodeLocation: /Local/Default
GeneratedUID: 4A501FD1-7BFC-4589-A81A-AB999CBB7B12
NFSHomeDirectory: /opt/local/var/db/nsd
Password: *
PrimaryGroupID: 500
RealName:
 NSD\ User
RecordName: nsd
RecordType: dsRecTypeStandard:Users
UniqueID: 500
UserShell: /sbin/nologin

There's a backslash in the RealName field. It does no harm, but it's
not what I intended, so it smells like a bug to me. Where do I report
this bug ?