Cleaning up during uninstall and submitting Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 1 18:05:57 PDT 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, at 11:00, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> Thanks for your help with advice on which openssl to use. So I've
> created a Portfile for NSD 3.2.1, placed it in a local ports
> repository, and used it to install the package on my system. The
> package builds, installs and runs just fine.
>
> So when I uninstalled the package, all the installed files were
> removed. However, the install process created 2 directories in the
> pre-destroot phase using "xinstall". These 2 directories are not
> removed during the uninstall phase. Is there any kind of
> post-uninstall hook to do this kind of cleanup? It would also be
> useful to remove users and groups created during package installation.

You need to create the directories inside the destroot so they're
registered to the port.

Instead of:

xinstall -d ${prefix}/somewhere

do:

xinstall -d ${destroot}${prefix}/somewhere

MacPorts will remove empty directories automatically after destroot.
If you want them kept, add them to destroot.keepdirs.

> Finally, I'm happy with my Portfile, so I'd like to submit it into
> Macports. How do I do that? Do I need an account on a server
> somewhere?

File a ticket in the issue tracker and attach your portfile.