Openssl: built-in or ports?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Apr 2 13:59:48 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-02 12:56, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I might just make it as simple as having "port lint" complain if the
> port doesn't specify the license. It's not too hard for a port
> maintainer to figure out and indicate what the license is, once
> they're made aware that they should do so.

Of course that will work for ports with an active maintainer. But around
41% of the ports do not have a maintainer listed. The number of ports
with a listed maintainer being inactive is unknown, so I suspect it to
be more ports actually being unmaintained.

$ port echo all |wc -l
    5695
$ port echo maintainer:nomaintainer |wc -l
    2349

As an example, many ports are missing the platforms variable. This is
not really important as it is not used currently, but port lint already
warns to add it. Still there are a lot of ports without a platforms
statement and I assume most of them do also not have a maintainer.

Rainer