[49087] trunk/base/src/port1.0

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 4 12:01:56 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-04 06:16, Joshua Root wrote:
> Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> With latest base:
>>
>> Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants
>> --->  Computing dependencies for xorg-server.Error: Error executing
>> universal: invalid command name "configure_get_universal_system_name"
>> Error: Unable to upgrade port: Error evaluating variants
>>
>> Looks like r49087 is incomplete
>
> Rainer forgot to test with +universal. Rest assured I let him know all
> about it earlier today. :-)

Oh yeah, I finally found it!

Unfortunately I did not test with +universal and did not realize the
muniversal port group is calling the procs
configure_get_universal_system_name and configure_main - which now moved
to the namespace so they are no longer accessible.

I committed a quick hack to make it work again in r49157.

> This change actually exposed a circular dependency of sorts between
> portconfigure and portutil. He said he'd look at it some more in the
> morning.

That's what I thought at first, as I assumed it was triggered by our
default universal variant which is defined in portutil. Scratch that ;-)

Rainer